I've just finished Bronco's H39. For the weathering, I used oils, pigments, plaster and some thinner. I tried a new technique to me: splashed mud (dry and wet) with the help of an old brush and air projected through my airbrush. Hereunder you will find some pics of the result as well as some close up pics. I plan to build a little dio but I still have to wait until Dragon releases their new set figures in Belgium: French Infantry Sedan 1940
Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome!
Ho yes, I forgot, I also decided to change the head of the tank commander with a Hornet head in replacement for the original Miniart head. I added some hair under the helmet with putty (curiously there was none...) and I started to paint the face as well as the typical leather jacket worn by the French tank crew in 1940. Originally I started to paint Miniart's head since I thought it looked OK but I started all over again three times in a row because it looked horrible!!!!!!! I finally realized that Hornet heads are just much better and since I had these I should use them. It is actually much easier to paint faces which are well sculpted and well cast. You can compare this by watching the pics hereunder.
Original Miniart figure:
Miniart figure + Hornet head:
MERRY CHRISTMASS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!